Artwey Members Open Submission Group Exhibition at Bridport Arts Centre.
20 February to 21 March 2020
We welcome submissions from all Artwey members working in any media for this exciting exhibition at the Bridport Arts Centre.
The theme is ‘Treasure Planet – A celebration of life on the Jurassic coast.’ This is a wide brief and can include amongst other things: People, places, experiences, geology. An ‘Artwork/s of the Day’ will be selected each day of the Exhibition and will be promoted on our social media pages, with links to the Artist’s website and/or social media platforms.
Artwey members may submit:
- up to three original works
- plus up to 4 mounted prints for the browsers
- plus 20 cards
The cards and prints will be made available for sale in the ‘merchandise’ space.
Inclusion in The Exhibition
Our aim is to accept as many pieces as we can without compromising the space by overcrowding. At the same time we need to ensure that the exhibition is interesting and exciting, that it “flows” and that visitors can move around freely and safely. Therefore, because of the large number of entries expected and the amount of space available, judges will decide on the works to be included. The judging panel will be made up of Bridport Art Centre Management together with Artwey Directors and members. The main criteria for inclusion is the adherence to the exhibition theme. Consideration will also be given to the size of the work. The gallery walls are large, and can accommodate large pieces, but smaller pieces are very welcome as they will be grouped together. It is important to note that the Judges’ decisions are final.
Because of the generosity of the Bridport Arts Centre in waiving a gallery hire fee, Artwey have been able to keep costs down. Therefore, the entry fee is only £20 in total. The entry fees received will be used to stage a Private Viewing evening and transportation costs of exhibition panels. Bridport Arts Centre will deduct 35% commission for each original piece sold. It has not yet been decided if commission will be charged on other merchandise. We regret that we are unable to reimburse the entry fee for works submitted but not included in the final selection.
- The Exhibition theme of “Treasure Planet: A celebration of life on the Jurassic Coast”, has been selected to inspire new work, but submissions (which must support the theme) must have been completed since January 2018.
- Only artists who are paid up members of Artwey CIC may submit work and need to be members when the exhibition takes place
- Work may be submitted in any media
- Artists must pay a non-refundable fee of £20.
- Artwey Artists are responsible for stewarding the exhibition. If your work is included you will be required to cover a slot/s in the stewarding rota.
- If your work is included you must ensure that it is professionally presented when it arrives at the gallery. This means that:
- Frames, where applicable, are clean and undamaged.
- Work has suitable hangings. All wall pieces MUST have mirror plates affixed BEFORE delivery to the Gallery. This is a stipulation of the Centre’s insurance,
- Each piece of work (this means all original works, prints and cards) must be labelled. There should be a label, securely fixed to work giving the:
Title of work
- You are responsible for producing wall labels for your pieces.
- Please advise any special curatorial requirements.
How to Enter
Please complete the form, completing all required fields.
You must submit this before the deadline of midnight on the 26th January 2020. The images must be in .jpeg or .png format and be high resolution.
Submission Deadline: 26 January 2020
Notification of Acceptance of work into the Exhibition: 1 February 2020
Deliver work to Bridport Arts Centre: 17 February between 10am – 12pm
Installation by Team: 17/18/19 February
Exhibition dates: 20 February to 21 March 2020. * Please note that Bridport Arts Centre is closed on Sundays & Mondays. Opening times Tuesday to Saturday 10-4pm
Private View: Friday 21 February 6:30 – 8:30
Take down by Team: 21/22 March
Collection of Work: All works MUST be collected on 23 March (1 – 3pm) There is no storage facility at the Arts Centre. Please advise if you will be unable to collect your work and arrange for a fellow artist to collect on your behalf. Work is only insured during the Exhibition.
For more information and any queries please contact Lyn Kirkland.
ENTRIES TO TREASURE PLANET ARE NOW CLOSED
Thanks to all those who have submitted their work.